What trip wouldn?t be complete without a bit of shopping? The following are just some of Stockholm?s can?t-miss spots:
- NK: The only department store you?ll find in Stockholm, this multi-brand destination carries all the Swedish labels including Bjorn Borg, Boomerang, Acne, Whyred, Tiger of Sweden, Eton Shirts, Filippa K, Marc O'Polo, Hunkydory, and J.Lindeberg.
- Zadig&Voltaire: Master the art of Stockholm street-chic with the effortlessly cool wares of this It-girl mainstay.
- Nathalie Schuterman: Peruse covetable designer fashions in this high-end shop and put together the perfect take on Stockholm?s feminine-cool style.
- Judits, Lisa Larsson and 118 Second L?der are some of the city?s best offerings in vintage ? a must-visit for consignment seekers.
- Orrefors/Kosta Boda: Stop here to indulge in beautiful Swedish crystal.
- Svenskt Tenn: This is your go-to shop for contemporary Swedish tin wares.
- Illums Bolighus: (www.illumsbolighus.se) Head here for charming holiday buys.
Enjoy your daily dose of caffeine and meet with friends for a 'FIKA' at Le Cafe or Gateau in Sturegallerian. For those with a sweet tooth, the cinnamon buns, or ?kanel bulle,? are a must-order.
Take a trip over the bridge to Skeppsholmen and down to Museum Row, where you?ll find a trio of options to satisfy your culture fix: Moderna Museet, (www.modernamuseet.se) Ostasiatiska Museet, and Arkitektur Museet.
For a dose of old Stockholm charm, be sure to visit the cobble-stoned streets of Gamla Stan. Its enchanting boutiques are the perfect place to find souvenirs for friends and family. Finish the day with a glimpse of the official residence of the king, the Kungliga Slottet, for a moment of history.
For a more relaxing taste of Swedish culture, head to Sturebadet, which is located in the middle of Sthlm. Built in 1885, the spa boasts treatments, yoga, a Turkish bath, and a swimming pool ? exactly what you?ll need to recharge.
Two delicious lunch options are H?tel Diplomate n Strandvagen and
Sturekompaniet Sturegatan. For dinner, check out PA&C:o, a culinary staple in Stockholm. The restaurant has been a regular haunt for intellectuals, celebrities, and cool Stockholm tastemakers for over twenty years. A more off-the-beaten-path choice is Brofastet, a restaurant in Hornstull area of Stockholm, which calls to mind sentiments of New York City?s Waverly Inn.
Finally, rest your head on a decadent pillow for the evening with your ideal refuge for the trip. Hotel Grand holds a more traditional and elegant feel, while Lydmar Hotel lends towards the young & hip clientele ? proving Stockholm has some of the most luxurious lodging options whatever your preferred style may be.