What trip wouldn?t be complete without a bit of shopping? The following are just some of Stockholm?s can?t-miss spots:
- NK: The only department store you?ll find in Stockholm, this multi-brand destination carries all the Swedish labels including Bjorn Borg, Boomerang, Acne, Whyred, Tiger of Sweden, Eton Shirts, Filippa K, Marc O'Polo, Hunkydory, and J.Lindeberg.
- Zadig&Voltaire: Master the art of Stockholm street-chic with the effortlessly cool wares of this It-girl mainstay.
- Nathalie Schuterman: Peruse covetable designer fashions in this high-end shop and put together the perfect take on Stockholm?s feminine-cool style.
- Judits, Lisa Larsson and 118 Second L?der are some of the city?s best offerings in vintage ? a must-visit for consignment seekers.
- Orrefors/Kosta Boda: Stop here to indulge in beautiful Swedish crystal.
- Svenskt Tenn: This is your go-to shop for contemporary Swedish tin wares.
- Illums Bolighus: (www.illumsbolighus.se) Head here for charming holiday buys.
Enjoy your daily dose of caffeine and meet with friends for a 'FIKA' at Le Cafe or Gateau in Sturegallerian. For those with a sweet tooth, the cinnamon buns, or ?kanel bulle,? are a must-order.
Take a trip over the bridge to Skeppsholmen and down to Museum Row, where you?ll find a trio of options to satisfy your culture fix: Moderna Museet, (www.modernamuseet.se) Ostasiatiska Museet, and Arkitektur Museet.
For a dose of old Stockholm charm, be sure to visit the cobble-stoned streets of Gamla Stan. Its enchanting boutiques are the perfect place to find souvenirs for friends and family. Finish the day with a glimpse of the official residence of the king, the Kungliga Slottet, for a moment of history.
For a more relaxing taste of Swedish culture, head to Sturebadet, which is located in the middle of Sthlm. Built in 1885, the spa boasts treatments, yoga, a Turkish bath, and a swimming pool ? exactly what you?ll need to recharge.
Two delicious lunch options are H?tel Diplomate n Strandvagen and
Sturekompaniet Sturegatan. For dinner, check out PA&C:o, a culinary staple in Stockholm. The restaurant has been a regular haunt for intellectuals, celebrities, and cool Stockholm tastemakers for over twenty years. A more off-the-beaten-path choice is Brofastet, a restaurant in Hornstull area of Stockholm, which calls to mind sentiments of New York City?s Waverly Inn.
Finally, rest your head on a decadent pillow for the evening with your ideal refuge for the trip. Hotel Grand holds a more traditional and elegant feel, while Lydmar Hotel lends towards the young & hip clientele ? proving Stockholm has some of the most luxurious lodging options whatever your preferred style may be.
May 11, 2011
L-Atitude LLC (DE). All Rights Reserved.
sign up and be the first to know about new arrivals, private sales and more...
Be the first to know about New Arrivals, Private Sales and more...