According to Gypset author and inventor Julia Chaplin, “Gypset is about an emerging group of artists, musicians, fashion designers, surfers, and bon vivants– who lead semi-nomadic, unconventional lives. They are people who have perfected a high-low approach to life that fuses the freelance and nomadic wile of a gypsy with the sophistication and global references of the jet set. Its an alternative way of traveling and living that’s based more on creativity than money.” says Julia. If you are wondering how to become a member of the Gypset tribe, read our ten tips below - if they feel like your personal mantras, chances are you’re in.
1. You prefer a surfboard to a designer handbag.
2. Your ideal home is a teepee, yurt or airstream trailer.
3. You move around the globe as the seasons change- Ibiza, Montauk, Goa, Sayulita , Marrakech and Lamu are stamps in your passport.
4. You have been to Burning Man at least once.
5. You prefer tribal jewels to precious gems.
6. You live in caftans, tunics, peasant blouses and jeans.
7. You have never seen a feather or flower crown you did not love.
8. Your prefer to shop a souk, market, or medina instead of a department store.
9. You count Talitha Getty, Les Gazelles, and the Munzungu Sisters as your fashion muses.
10. You own at least one piece of clothing from Julia Chaplin’s Gypset clothing brand.
All photos courtesy of Gypset.com, Julia Chaplin, Les Gazelle, Munzungu Sisters, and Gypset tumblr.