Francesca Bonato and Jacopo Janniello Ravagnan, the designers of Hacienda Montaecristo, have an indisputable edge as experts on luxury travel. Their line was launched to furnish the linens for Coqui Coqui, the hotel Francesca and her husband own in Tulum, Mexico. Seasoned veterans of mastering flea market finds across the world, Bonato and Janniello Ravagnan are an inspiration both for their impeccable designs and their unquestionable taste.
1. What made you decide to live in Mexico?
It was love at a first sight! The people, the sea, the sun, the culture of Valladolid, the possibility of having an exotic life and still be three hours away from New York- We could never go back!
2. What makes Valladolid interesting?
The simplicity of its culture, the antique traditions, the syncretism of the catholic culture brought by the Spanish colons and the antique Mayan traditions. Valladolid is suspended in another age; the time seems stopped at the 40?s. The rhythm of the time is different from any other place where we have ever visited or lived...
3. Valladolid, Tulum and Coba are the setting of the beautiful story, you and your husband created for yourselves. Which other place(s) in the world is/are most unique to you and why?
Argentina and Italy, our roots, our culture, our affections?
Photo ? The Selby
4. If you would have to put together a photo collage of your travels, what would be the most memorable moment?
Francesca- My Eight month trip to South America.
Jack- My Road trip to Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia on a motorbike with my best friend.
5. Which 3 travel essentials we can always find in your suitcase?
Francesca- IPhone, Moleskine Notebook, Jewelry to barter!
Jack- Music, Camera and Sunglasses.
6. What is the best shopping find you've ever made while traveling and where did you find it?
Francesca- An antique silk and linen shawl handmade in Bolivia I bought in La Paz, an old market.
7. What is one destination you've never been to that you're dying to visit?
Francesca- I have always wanted to visit Laos.
Jack- Papua New Guinea.
8. Which 3 items from L-ATITUDE.com would you pick for a beautiful day in Valladolid and why?
To shop the Hacienda Montaecristo collection, please click here.
March 29, 2012
L-Atitude LLC (DE). All Rights Reserved.
sign up and be the first to know about new arrivals, private sales and more...
Be the first to know about New Arrivals, Private Sales and more...