The dog days of summer have arrived and as every globetrotting gal knows, staying cool is not as simple as just throwing on a bikini. Regardless of whether you are at a Chi-Chi resort, or a backyard pool, it?s not really about your swimsuit, it?s about your cover up. Follow our simple guide below and we guarantee you will look chic when you beat the heat.
1. Gypsy Chic- Get inspired by your wanderlust, try a caftan. These effortless garments will definitely give you a sophisticated edge while conveniently making a few extra pounds disappears. Go for bright solid colors in linen from Figue or soft tie dye patterns in silk from Deepa Gurnani. Channel your inner Elizabeth Taylor by adding a variety of statement baubles from Lele Sadoughi or House of Lavande.
2. Bohemian Rhapsody- The key to bohemian style is an off duty ease and an artisanal flair. Try tossing on any piece from our Mexican Bazaar collection or slipping into one of Gypset?s African inspired dashiki dresses. These are looks that work best for the young at heart and festival bound. Don?t be afraid to pile on tribal jewelry from our Indian Bazaar and carry a brightly woven mochile bag from Miss Mochila.
3. Preppy Perfect- Think understated New England style with a global twist. Banjanan?s cool cotton shirtdresses in botanical floral are a perfect cover up for the beach or a quick trip to town. Add a classic gold accessory with a shark?s tooth motif from Dezso by Sara Beltran and a sustainable clutch form Dutzi for flawlessly quiet style.
4. Who?s that girl?- Now we are talking stand out style, that covetable quality everyone will admire -think Bo Derek in 10. We are talking about oh so sexy macram? cover ups from Daniela Bustos Maya or a low slung Balinese pareo from Muzungu Sisters worn with pearl and leather jewelry knotted on tan skin courtesy of Leathered Pearls. No need for a bag here, some one will definitely be following behind you with a towel and a cool drink.
5. Jet- Set Style- Work fashions hottest trends with black lace caftans from Miguelina and punk inspired safety pin earrings from Genevieve Jones. Don?t forget to tip the brim of your Valdez panama hat at your cabana boy when you leave for the day.