Born and raised in Hong Kong, Nicholas Liu studied in Central St. Martins and graduated from the Royal College of Art in London. His latest collection is inspired by art deco architecture. He uses form and symmetry to create his statement yet timeless pieces. His latest collection, Vertigo is a homage to the always inspiring skyline of New York City.
1) What inspired the designs of your current collection?
The latest collection VERTIGO draws from the symmetry and structure of skyscrapers in New York City. The graphic lines provided a great outline for the collection.
2) What?s your favorite part of being a designer?
Being able to have the freedom and ability to create.
3) What?s your most-loved item from your own collection, and why?
The thin grid cuff, it's an item that is easy to wear and very versatile in terms of what you can wear it with. It looks great stacked with a watch and the hollow grid creates a minimalistic graphic detail.
4) Where are you traveling this holiday season? Where have you traveled recently?
I have just come back from London and Paris so will be staying in New York this holiday season. I like the still-ness the city has over the holidays.
5) What L-atitude items are on your holiday wishlist?
Haremlique, Cuda Zig Zag Beach Towel - because I am already thinking of summer!
AndraaB, Luane scarf,- has a where's waldo feel to it.
6) What three L-atitude items will you be gifting this holiday season, and why?
RUMISU, Invasion Silk Scarf - A great easy graphic scarf.
December 17, 2012
L-Atitude LLC (DE). All Rights Reserved.
sign up and be the first to know about new arrivals, private sales and more...