Organic Peroxide is everything its name entails, in jewelry form. Mixing a bohemian feel with heavy metal is the hallmark of designer Michael Kozak?s line of bracelets and necklaces. Kozak has an eclectic taste and an obsession with contrasting themes, both of which are prevalent in Organic Peroxide?s style of jewelry. Kozak uses a multitude of colors and textures to create unforgettable pieces that bring city style and beach vibes into fashionable harmony.
Tell us a little about the concept behind Organic Peroxide.
The whole concept is about the organic meeting the un-organic and the mash up of two; hence the name Organic Peroxide. Our products always embody a ?beach/surf meets city? vibe which is what I love. The juxtaposition colorful shells and beads mixed with a harder punk metal chain piece is the constant theme of our collections. I loved the idea of combining natural and unnatural elements together in the form of something you can wear and build upon.
Up till now, what is your favorite or most memorable OP piece and why?
My favorite piece of the moment is the Gold Double Wrap Surf Bracelet - I seriously wear it with everything! I love the weight and shine of this piece and I wear it mixed with something more natural and earthy, like one of the wrap beaded shell or skull bracelets.
The most memorable piece has to be the Long Beach Double Wrap Bracelet. This was the first style ever made and was originally only in neon pink and green! It was the beginning of the entire collection and embodied the whole Organic Peroxide concept.
Drew Barrymore is a fan of the collection and wore a bunch on two TV appearances this year.
Who or what is currently inspiring you?
People inspire me most as well as the lifestyles and cultures of people around the world. I love that in each city you go to you can totally switch up your personal style based on where you are. When I travel I love to go to local markets and thrift stores because in those places I feel totally immersed in the lifestyle and culture of the place I am visiting. When you do that, you can take a little bit of that inspiration back with you and on to your next journey - for me that is always exciting. I feel that what you wear is an extension of your personality and reflects who you are.
Right now, I am really into traditional Mexican and Navajo blankets, I love the combinations of color and how each one is completely different and unique. I find that California, the beach and then sun are constant inspirations for me, and I love drawing ideas from vintage surf and skate photography from the 70s.
What's next for Organic Peroxide?
I love coming up with new ways to mix colors and textures - so that will always remain the theme of my products. I have always been obsessed with vintage surf brands, old beach town t-shirts, and surfer/skater logos - so we might see a few OP tees in the future!
What are your top 3 L-atitude picks?
1. I am obsessed with the Gold Double Wrap Surf Bracelet and pairing it with?
2. Long Beach Double Wrap Bracelet. I love the wood beads and tribal beads paired with the heaviness and shine of the gold or silver.
3. Any of the Punk Friendship Bracelets! I love them mixed with anything. Right now I am really into the super large studded ones and wearing 2-3 at a time.
Which 3 travel essentials can we always find in your suitcase?
No matter where I go you can always find me with these 3 things:
1. My favorite vintage tee of the moment. My favorite one right now on heavy rotation is a white vintage tee from The Smiths.
2. Hats. My favorite is a straw panama hat that is falling apart (I used it in the lookbook shoot, see below!) I love to wear something that is completely falling apart and lived in with something more polished and expensive.
3. I am really into the fragrance ?Beach? by Bobbi Brown. I spray it on everything!
Organic Peroxide is the ultimate source for summer arm candy.