Courtesy of Fodors.com. For centuries, Morocco has inspired travelers with its colorful energy, fascinating history, and dazzling combination of Arab, European, and African influence. From vibrant and bustling medinas to the sparse but breathtaking Sahara, the country packs a remarkable variety of adventures into its corner of North Africa. Surfers catch waves at windswept Atlantic coast beaches and hikers trek the scenic Atlas Mountains. Kasbahs and mosques offer a glimpse of a more mystical time, while hip cafés and high-design riads reflect Moroccans' modern, cosmopolitan side.
1. Djemaa el Fna: Wander amid the sizzle and smoke of the world's most exuberant marketplace.
2. Souk shopping: Lose yourself (literally) in the alluring lanes of the bazaars of the souk and the city.
3. Authentic accommodations:Stay in a riad and sip mint tea in the airy confines of your bougainvillea-filled courtyard haven.
4. Historic sights: Step back in time to the elaborate tombs and palaces of the Saadian sultans, and the calm and beauty of the intricate medersa.
5. Dance till dawn:From intimate clubs with belly dancers and hookah pipes to full-on techno raves with international DJs, Marrakesh is the hedonistic capital of Morocco.
Photos, as shown from top to bottom: 1 & 2: moroccanviews.com; 3: cdrin/Shutterstock; 4: Adisa /Shutterstock; 5: Alex Andrei/Shutterstock; 6 & 7: Riad El Fenn; 8 & 9: Marjorelle Gardens; 10: blogexploration.com; 11: Riad Dar White
November 25, 2015
Be the first to know about New Arrivals, Private Sales and more...