1. How would you describe your own personal style?
Classic Italian extremism: cashmere V-necks, slip-on loafers, and thin gold chains on the one hand; wildly patterned low-cut dresses and stupidly high heels on the other.
Gem Palace, Jaipur
2. Where are you planning to go to spend the holiday season?
I was in London last December, so I?m staying in New York for the season. I?ll be cooking a very big dinner on Christmas Day and having another party on the 26th.
3. What is one of your most memorable Holiday staycations or vacations?
A tie between a New Year?s house party in the Dordogne, where we stayed up drinking and playing parlor games until 6 a.m., and the opening of the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas, where Jay-Z played an intimate black-tie concert.
At the Cosmopolitan, Vegas
4. What are the three things besides your passport you never leave home without?
Notebook, camera, hair bands.
Souvenirs from India and Sri Lanka
A courtyard in the Aleppo souk.
5. What are your globetrotter tips for living like a ?local? in NYC?
In New York, I spend way too much time in restaurants. A day starts with breakfast at Caf? Cluny, followed by a few hours on my laptop in the library at the Nomad or in the Rose Reading Room at the NY Public Library. It ends with a run along the pretty stretch of West Side Highway just south of the Meatpacking District, an Aperol Spritz at the bar at Del Posto, and late-night dinner at L?Artusi.
6. What three gifts would you be gifting this holiday from L-atitude and why?
1. Turkish Stone Bracelets ? A bold yet simple statement piece. My best friend Julie would want to borrow it, which is how I know it?s super chic.
2. Rainbow Blue Caftan ? How can anyone be stressed about anything when she?s wearing this?
3. Stingray Clutch ? Because I?m obsessed with stingray.
Globetrotter Stats | Pavia Rosati
Souk or Department Store? Souk
DIY or Concierge Service? DIY
Buy Everything or Buy Nothing? Everything
Camping or 5-Star Hotel? 5-Star Hotel
Drive or be Driven? Drive
Room Service or Street Food? Street food
Lots of Luggage or Carry-on Bag? Carry-on that?s heavier on the way home
Fathom celebrates all the reasons why we pack our bags, get on a plane, hitch a ride, and explore beyond our backyards. Read more here.