Sara Beltr?n, jewelry designer and founder of ocean inspired jewelry line ?Dezso?, was born in Mexico but calls Jaipur, India home. She travels to different beaches around the world for constant inspiration.
1. What is your favorite beach and why?
I love Tulum, it?s an amazing place. The ocean has the craziest color and also, it?s in Mexico, which is where I?m from.
2. In your past travels, what destination has surprised you the most?
I am always fascinated to discover anything new, but something that comes to mind was a flamingo reserve in Rio Lagartos near Tulum. The flamingos were beautiful and then I found all these flamingo feathers in the ocean and on the beach.
3. Which 3 travel essentials we can always find in your suitcase?
My ?Skin Trip? lotion, sandal wood oil, and my black Balenciaga T shirt style cashmere sweater.
4. What is your idea of a dream holiday?
I?m actually on my dream holiday now as I?m writing this. I?m in Tulum, sitting on the beach and relaxing.
5. What is the best shopping find you?ve ever made while traveling and where did you find it?
It?s hard to pick one thing because I always find at least one amazing treasure while I?m traveling. The flamingo feathers I found near the flamingo reserve in Rio Lagartos, although I didn?t purchase them, may have been the best find because they inspired me with their beautiful color, which has turned the whole Dezso world flamingo pink.
7. What do you love most about Jaipur?
I love to visit Amber Fort, a popular tourist attraction in Jaipur, because it?s so beautiful. One of my favorite rooms in the fort is the Jai Mandir room in the third courtyard. It?s walls and ceiling are inlaid with mirrors, which makes it look like it?s covered in polki diamonds, which I love to use in Dezso.
8. Where have you never been, but would you like the tide to carry you?
I am dying to go to Africa.
To shop the entire collection from Dezso, please click here.
January 12, 2012
L-Atitude LLC (DE). All Rights Reserved.
sign up and be the first to know about new arrivals, private sales and more...